Billing and Insurance
How We Bill For Speech Therapy
NOVA Speech and Language Therapy, LLC does not process billing directly through individual insurance claims for speech language services. We provide a monthly invoice with diagnostic and treatment codes that you can submit to your insurance company for potential reimbursement.
Tips for Dealing with Your Insurance Company
Here are a few helpful tips we recommend you do prior to starting therapy:
- Contact your insurance company to ask whether your health insurance covers speech and language therapy about your plan's benefits. NOVA Speech and Language Therapy, LLC does not participate with any insurance plan, therefore make sure you ask about "out of network" benefits.
- Ask if there are specific forms you need to fill out and where those forms are located.
- Ask about reimbursement rates. Reimbursement for speech and language therapy typically begins after your deductible is met. Specify to your insurance company that you are paying upfront for the costs and therefore the reimbursement checks should be payable directly to you.
- Ask your insurance company what the reimbursement rate is for each CPT code. Here are codes commonly used on invoices:
- 92507 - Individual Speech-Language Therapy
- 92508 - Group Speech-Language Therapy
- 92523- Comprehensive Speech-Language Evaluation
- 99366 - team conference with interdisciplinary team of health care professionals
How Much Does Speech Therapy Cost?
- Group therapy (Social Skills) - $75 per session
- Individual therapy (Speech or Language) - $120 per session
- Group therapy (Speech or Language) - $90 per session
- Consultation/classroom observations - $120 per hour
- Formal assessments and in-services available upon request